- Roll rich pie crust thin as for pies.
- Cut into rounds
- Pinch up the edge half an inch high and place in muffin rings.
- Put into each one a tablespoonful of apple sauce and bake in a hot oven for twenty minutes.
- Beat the white of an egg to a stiff froth and add two tablespoonfuls of sugar.
- Drop a spoonful on the top of each and brown quickly in a hot oven.
Recipe from Things Mother Used to Make by Lydia Maria Gurney, New York 1914. *the apples don’t have to be Kentish, but we prefer them that way.